This solicitation is now closed.
The Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc. Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is soliciting proposals from organizations that are interested in assisting with or performing the planning of an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) for the ITCA, New Hampshire and Kansas WIC Programs (MSC).
WIC is a federally funded nutrition program carried out pursuant to provisions of the Child Nutrition Act. WIC is a public health nutrition program administered by state agencies for the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services (USDA/FNS).
Kansas, New Hampshire and ITCA administer WIC in their respective states and ITCA is the lead state for this project. The three programs combined provide more than $70 million in food benefits annually to an average of approximately 106,000 clients per month at 238 clinic sites statewide. All WIC benefits are issued via paper checks which clients exchange for food at approximately 700 local retailers. The 2010 authorization of the Child Nutrition Act requires all WIC programs to implement EBT by 2020.
The MSC uses an extremely robust and highly customized Management Information System (MIS) and the states are planning to implement EBT through this system.
The objective of this RFP is to obtain a Contractor to conduct the EBT Planning project for all three MSC programs for an on-line/outsourced solution. It will include travel to all three WIC programs in Phoenix, AZ, Manchester, NH and Topeka, KS and the MIS Contractor (CQuest) location, in Springfield, IL and/or Olympia, WA. Bidders may refer to the FNS Handbook 901(http://www.fns.usda.gov/node/9407) for more information regarding the requirements of an EBT Implementation Advanced Planning Document (IAPD). In summary, this scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Perform a gap analysis of the current MIS (determine what functionality is needed and what changes need to be made in order to implement and operate EBT)
• Perform a Procurement Options Study in each MSC state to determine the best and most cost efficient method for procuring an EBT processor. For example, assess SNAP EBT contractors in Kansas, New Hampshire or Arizona to see if WIC Programs can join the contract.
• Perform an analysis of the projected EBT implementation costs and continuing operations budget for each state.
• Evaluate the EBT readiness among the MSC WIC authorized vendors and an assessment of the degree of compatibility for integrating EBT in their respective Electronic Cash Register systems
• Draft the Statement of Work for an RFP to procure the services of an Implementation Contractor for EBT
• Draft the EBT IAPD which will include:
o Transmittal Letter
o Table of Contents
o Executive Summary
o Project Description
o Procurement Plan
o Project Manager
o Staffing and Project Management
o Schedule/Timeline of Activities, Milestones, and Deliverables
o Proposed Budget/Budget Narrative
o Cost Allocation Plan, if any
o State Agency / Contractor Assurances
o Pilot and Expansion Retailer Enablement Plan
o Request for Waiver of Depreciation
o Security Plan
o Training Plan
o Pilot and Statewide Expansion Clinic Management Plan
o Quality Management Plan
o Risk Management Plan
o Change Management Plan
o Communications Management Plan
Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc.