This solicitation is now closed.
The purpose is to solicit proposals to provide professional and technical services for the operations and maintenance of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Information System including help desk services, hardware support and advanced technical and consultative support.
The objective of this professional/technical service contract is to provide the services in support of the WIC Information System, Health Benefits Real Time (HuBERT). MDH requires services that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operations and Maintenance of the System
- Daily operation of the System including all software and hardware components and their updates/upgrades, which may include the operations/maintenance of HuBERT as a browser-based system
- Maintenance of System, including correction of system operational errors
- Provide offsite disaster recovery capabilities and test the disaster recovery capabilities at least annually
- Provide Database Management
- Ensure daily support to optimize performance
- Ensure data integrity
- Provide rapid resolution of issues affecting performance
- Provide Advanced Technical and Consultative Support
- Provide updates/support for the MN WIC mobile application
- General Reporting
- Provide support for the SAP Business Objects ad-hoc reporting tool
- Design and develop ad-hoc System queries/reports as requested
- Provide data to specific external entities
- Generate standard system predefined reports
- Help Desk Services
- Provision of adequate and qualified staff to support help desk calls/emails
- Maintain data related to help desk activities
- Provide standard, and ad-hoc (on-request), help desk status reports
- Hardware Support of Equipment/Computer Supplies/Peripherals
- Used in Local Agency Clinics and State Agency Operations and Testing
- Repair or replacement of equipment (inventory will be purchased by the State)
- Set up and configuration of equipment
- Maintenance of inventory of equipment/computer supplies/peripherals and equipment status
- Provide standard, and ad-hoc (on-request), hardware status reports
- System Software Modifications (Refer to Exhibit B.4.1 of RFP Overview, for applicability to this contract)
- Defect Fixes
- Testing Management
- Technical Upgrades and Environment Certification
All responses to this RFP (termed an “Event” within SWIFT) must be submitted through SWIFT using the Supplier portal (http://supplier.swift.state.mn.us/). Training and documentation on how to submit your response is available through the Supplier portal link above. All responses to this RFP must be submitted and received in SWIFT no later than the Event End Date and time as set forth in the SWIFT Event Details applicable to this RFP.
Interested responders may begin preparing and entering their response into SWIFT as soon as they have downloaded the RFP. Electronic submissions to the state will be accepted beginning on the SWIFT Start Date for this RFP. Cost information must be loaded into the system as a separate document(s) from your technical response.
NOTE: If you are reviewing this RFP in the SWIFT system or downloaded the RFP from the SWIFT system, you are likely already a registered vendor with the State. If you are reviewing this RFP in paper form, you may need to register as a vendor by going to https://mn.gov/mmb/accounting/swift/vendor-resources/. For new vendors, please note that approval of your registration may take 3 – 4 business days. If you need assistance obtaining a vendor ID or completing the registration process, please call 651-201-8100, Option 1.